Who we are
GIS Consulting is affiliated with the 5* rated School of Environmental Sciences at the University of East Anglia where an internationally respected Geographical Information Systems (GIS) group has offered taught courses in GIS to countless undergraduate and postgraduate students over the past 20 years, and has contributed to wide ranging research projects using its GIS expertise. This expertise is now being offered to businesses and other organisations through a new consultancy service.
GIS Consulting can undertake entire projects from problem setting to data gathering, analysis, evaluation and mapping of results, including assessment of stakeholder responses if required. Our Virtual Reality Theatre is available for hire and allows spatial data to be visualised in new and innovative ways, allowing you and your stakeholders to better understand and explore your data.
How we can help you
We are able to assist organisations in a variety of ways to help internally with the evaluation of productivity, processes and profit, or we can provide specialist analyses (e.g. to environmental consultancies) to extend the range of services you can offer to your clients.
Analysing your performance:
- Mapping your customers – giving you a clearer idea of where your customers are based
- Mapping transport networks – in order to improve the delivery of your products/services
Providing specialist analyses:
- Environmental planning and visualisation – mapping and providing 3D visualisations of proposed development options
- Constraints mapping – evaluating environmental, or other, limitations to future development or change
- Impacts evaluation – assessing visual, environmental, or financial impacts of proposals
- Evaluation of land management options – finding the optimum solutions for specific locations; making the best of what is available
- Scenario modelling – analysing the possible consequences of future change… "what if?"
Offering specific services:
- Dynamic web-based GIS interfaces
- Specialised data analysis and interpretation
- Identification of the most appropriate data sets for your application
- Risk modelling
- Hazard modelling
- Hydrological modelling
Our academic link ensures that we are at the forefront of new developments in GIS-related technologies and applications, and that our work is undertaken with scientific rigour. Our staff use GIS for a wide range of purposes, enabling us to provide the right expertise to match your request and to make cost-effective use of our time working with you.
GIS Consulting can also help you and your employees understand what GIS is capable of doing for your organisation.
We can help you develop skills in specific operations, and to understand the underlying concepts that allow you to use GIS effectively, by working with you to develop bespoke training courses for your staff. We specialise in delivering GIS training at levels ranging from the strategic to the specific.
To arrange an initial consultation, or to discuss your training needs, please send a brief outline of your requirements to email@example.com or call 01603 591574.