How can we make a difference by ensuring that the very best students fulfil their potential?
Where can you find the next prize-winning writer hard at work and enjoy some of the best art in the world?
Substantial legacy gift supports music
UEA has received a substantial legacy bequest of €330,000 from Dutch pianist Dick van der Ven
New Scholars Welcomed to UEA
A Welcome Reception was held last month for new students who are receiving prestigious donor-supported scholarships.
Creative Writing Crowd-Funding Campaign
‘Apple Tree Yard’ author Louise Doughty launches new scholarship fund for BAME students
In 2013, we asked our friends and alumni to help us to raise £50m by 2016. Not only did we achieve this target, but together we exceeded it, raising over £53m in total. Together, we:
- Improved Health research, taking steps towards finding treatments and preventions for prostate cancer.
- Provided countless Opportunities for our students through scholarships and projects designed to enhance the student experience.
- Developed our understanding of the changes in our global Environment.
- Fostered Creativity by sharing the artistic treasures of the Sainsbury Centre with the world.
Now, inspired by our campaign donors, we want to do more. We are extending our finishing line to 2021, broadening our scope to include new projects and raising our sights towards a new target of £100m. We aim to:
- Raise £3m towards the creation of a new international centre for food and health research, the Quadram Institute. Research here will focus on the relationship between diet and disease.
- Offer 500 scholarships to students from low-income households, ensuring the brightest minds have the opportunity to come to UEA, regardless of their financial background.
- Raise £3m towards the development of new science laboratories where our science students will share ideas across disciplines.
- Continue fostering creativity by providing a scholarship for each student on our world-leading Creative Writing Master’s course.
Our goals are ambitious but with your help we can achieve them and truly make a difference.
If you’re interested in supporting the campaign, we’d love to hear from you – you can contact us on the details below.
Telephone: +44 (0) 1603 591005
Address: Development Office, Arts 3.02, University of East Anglia, Norwich Research Park, Norwich, NR4 7TJ