The UEA Communications Office team is happy to assist where possible with media enquiries from student journalists. However, the team is small and extremely busy - working to secure media coverage for the University’s world-leading research and answering a high volume of enquiries from national and international media. There may, therefore, be occasions when it is not possible to respond to your requests.
If you have an enquiry
Please email your request to email@example.com. This inbox is monitored by the whole Communications Office team and will ensure your request is not missed. If you telephone us, you will be asked to email in your request.
You MUST include in your email:
- Your name, email address, and publication you are writing for.
- A maximum of three clear, brief questions.
- A brief explanation of the story or issue your enquiry relates to.
- Your deadline, allowing at least 48 hours’ notice. The more notice you give, the more likely we will be able to help.
- Approach individual staff members or university departments for media comment. All enquiries MUST be made to the Communications Office in the first instance.
- Send multiple requests on the same topic.
- Chase for a response unless you are on deadline.
We cannot help with:
- Enquiries outside our normal office hours (8.30am-5.30pm, Monday to Friday).
- Story ideas or background research.
- Facts, stats, or general information about the university, events at the university, or individual members of staff or students.
- Enquiries from students at other universities
- Enquiries from students for coursework or projects
- All UEA press releases are posted on the News pages: https://www.uea.ac.uk/mac/comm/media/press
- Facts and figures are available on the Planning pages: https://www.uea.ac.uk/planning/biu/planningmanagementinfo/factsfigures
- If you require permission to film or take photographs not directly related to a media enquiry, visit: https://portal.uea.ac.uk/arm/alumni-conferences-and-events/conferences/filming